The WESOA series of workshops addresses challenges that arise from unique characteristics of service-oriented applications by focusing on principles, methodologies and tools that support the entire service-oriented software development lifecycle.
Topics of interest include software service development lifecycle methodologies, service-oriented enterprise architectures, service engineering for cloud computing environments, models, languages and methods for service-oriented analysis and design, and related topics.
WESOA 2016 continues a successful series of ICSOC workshops. Over the past decade, WESOA has demonstrated its relevance by attracting a large number of contributors and participants from academia as well as industry, and producing high-quality papers that were published by Springer LNCS series.
Service-oriented applications play an important role in many areas like enterprise computing, cloud computing and the web. While there is an agreement about the main principles for designing and developing such applications, methodologies and tools that support the development of service-oriented applications are still a subject of intensive research.
It is recognized that traditional software engineering approaches require extensions in the context of service-oriented computing and that there is a need for engineering methods to support the development of software services (incl. microservices). In this area, close collaboration between the research community and industry practitioners is essential to develop comprehensive engineering methodologies and tools that support the entire lifecycle of service-oriented applications.
WESOA complements ICSOC by focusing on core software engineering issues in the context of service-oriented systems, keeping pace with emerging application areas of service computing such mobile, social, cloud computing, smart environments and IoT.
WESOA encourages a transdisciplinary perspective and welcomes papers on topics that include, but are not limited to the following:
- Software service development lifecycle methodologies and processes
- Service design and service design metrics
- Distributed and collaborative software service development
- Service-oriented reference models and frameworks
- Architectural styles and standards for software service systems
- Concepts, technologies and best practices of microservice architectures
- Management and governance of service engineering projects
- Models, languages and methods for service-oriented analysis and design
- Costing, valuation and quality metrics of software service design
- Requirements-engineering for software service systems
- Service-oriented business process modeling
- Validation, verification and testing of software service systems
- Service assembly, composition and aggregation models and languages
- Model-driven SOA and service systems development
- Reverse engineering of software service systems
- Tool support for software service engineering
- Engineering of service-oriented applications in the cloud
- Service engineering for context-awareness and mobile devices
- Service engineering in smart environments and IoT
- Engineering service-oriented applications in social network contexts
- Engineering of data intensive service-oriented systems
- Case studies and best practices of service-oriented development
The workshop schedule is given as follows:
- Submission Deadline (extended): August 14, 2016
- Notification (extended): August 21, 2016
- Camera Ready Copy Due: August 30, 2016
- Workshop: October 10, 2016